How does metabolism work? Is it the same for everyone? How can I speed up mine? There are many questions people ask themselves when interested to improve their health or want to lose some weight. But most people don’t know what metabolism is and what it does to our bodies. Anyway, here we explain everything. Keep reading to know if it’s possible to accomplish it.
Boost your metabolism, here we tell you how
First of all, let’s explain what metabolism is. It is a set of physical and chemical processes and reactions that are attached to a cell. It takes every food we ingest as gas and transform it into energy; the same energy we use to do everything, from breathing to moving. It is responsible for making your cells work properly. There are two processes metabolism does: catabolic, which is in charge of liberating energy; and anabolic, which uses this energy to recompose chemical bonds and build other components of cells such as proteins and nucleic acids.
You can suffer from some diseases when metabolism isn’t working right in your body
- Hyperthyroidism: it comes from the excessive production of thyroxine by the thyroid gland, this brings an acceleration of metabolism that leads to losing weight, heart rate acceleration, hypertension, inflammation of the thyroid gland.
- Hypothyroidism: is the opposite to hyperthyroidism. It is when the production of thyroxine is basically non-existent. So, this slows the metabolism function, and this leads to gaining weight, causes fatigue, decreases heart rate and constipation.
- Diabetes: when your body is not responding to insulin properly, so you develop diabetes type 1 or type 2.
- Phenylketonuria: is a disorder that comes hereditary. It’s a defect in the enzyme that decomposes phenylalanine which is an amino acid that is part of the proteins in food.
Knowing all this information, we inform you there are no scientific facts that affirm if it’s possible to speed your metabolism up. Anyway, we give you some tips to stay healthy and help you to lose some weight by improving your organism to work better. We clarify that there is no miracle happening if you don’t do the right things.
What can you do?
- Exercise. This is the first thing you need to do to boost your organism in the best way possible. This makes you burn calories and accelerates your metabolism while your body is working out, but it goes back to normal when your body is on a break. Practice cardio.
- Eat breakfast every day. Is a mistake to skip breakfast, this food wakes up your metabolism and gives you the necessary energy you need for the rest of the day. (Do not skip it unless you are doing a temporary kind of diet.)
- Eat healthy snacks between foods. Have a morning snack and an afternoon snack every day.
- Control fats in your regular diet. Avoid fried food, sodas, refined flour, and sugar.
- Don’t do any crazy diets that are too strict. Consult with a professional.
- Check your hormones. Just to know everything is working the way it is supposed to.
So, it is a myth that you can boost your metabolism, but don’t be disappointed: we gave you ways of helping your body to get the results you expect! Be disciplined, and you’re going to achieve anything you want. Keep in mind that is always important to have a healthy routine to improve your life.
Be part of our community and follow us. Join us in social media and do not miss any of our posts.
Facebook: Stevian Forte