Some people worry about losing muscle mass when trying to lose body fat. Here we give you some tips to preserve your muscles while losing that body fat you don’t need. Start your healthy lifestyle now.
How to maintain your muscles while losing body fat
Is it possible to start a body fat loss plan without affecting our muscles? Sure it is. Keep reading.
If you’re slightly overweight and you have decided to lose some pounds but most important, lose body fat, read these tips to make it in the best possible way.
Sometimes a diet focusing on low calories and doing cardio can cause an impact on the mass muscle increase; having a good muscular shape is very important for several reasons:
- Your metabolism works faster. The more mass muscles, more calories are burned per day.
- It makes better the insulin impact in your body so that your body will have a better response to carbohydrates.
- Also, it is the one that keeps your body in good shape.
In case you already have muscular mass…
And you do not want to lose meanwhile you’re trying to lose weight:
- The first thing you need to do is to workout heavy. Many people think that while losing fat they need to do a lot of cardio and lightweight. That is wrong.
- When you force your muscle to work, you’re making it stronger. That’s why when you workout with lightweight, you’re only making better your resistance and that’s not the goal to achieve here.
- Don’t go crazy on cardiovascular exercises. Cardio is good and necessary for your life but you need to keep a balance. 45 minutes is enough of these kind of exercises. Over 45 minutes of cardio can make you start losing muscle mass.
- Supplements while getting in shape is very important, such as BCAA, glutamine, protein shake after exercising. They are going to help you to take care of your muscle and stabilize your body levels for a better recover from an intense workout. You’ll have more efficient results adding this to your routine.
- Do not erase carbohydrates from your diet. Your body needs them, eat the right ones. You can keep sweet potato, oatmeal, rice and so in your life.
- Carbohydrates, good fats, and protein are essentials to a balanced diet. Include them in all your meals.
- Do not over exercise. It can happen some days but do not make it a routine. Listen to your body and do not abuse. Have at least one day of total resting and don’t work on the same muscle two days in a row.
- Sleep well and rest. Sleeping is very important. It helps to your hormones function. When you don’t sleep properly you’ll be tired, anxious, stressed out and so.
Keep all these advice in mind, and we are sure it’ll help you to take care of your muscle and have a successful body fat loss. Keep going!
Follow us for much more information.
Facebook: Stevian Forte