Cheat meals days are probably the favorite part of the week for most people. It’s when you finally get a kind of price for eating healthy all week long! Let’s be honest, who doesn’t enjoy a heavy or otherwise not-so-healthy food? Or maybe dessert? Keep reading to know everything about it.
Cheat meals: how do they work?
We’re talking about that meals you can have with no regrets once or twice a week. For example, a hamburger, pizza, tacos, french fries, chicken wings, chicken tenders, ice cream, brownie, or any not-so-healthy food of your preference! The key to doing this is eating as healthy as possible most days, taking care of the calories, and choosing right what to ingest. Of course, we can’t forget to exercise properly during the week. If you are following these tips, you’ve earned your cheat meal, even if you are in a weight loss plan!
What you should know about cheat meals
- There are many ways to include them in your diet.
- They’re not only recommended, but needed. Why? They keep you from feeling stuck and help you avoid the possibility of a binge.
- A small piece of chocolate once in a while doesn’t count as a cheat meal.
- When you become a healthy person, not only to look good but to feel good, you transform your body into an energy machine: you feel better about yourself, you can focus more and better, you get sick less often. Those are the real reasons to change into a healthy lifestyle. So when you follow your plan step by step, it is necessary to have fun once in a while, and that’s what they are for.
- It doesn’t mean that it’s a great idea to have “small cheat meals” every day. It’s better that you only have one unhealthy or hypercaloric food once or twice a week, otherwise you will be sabotaging yourself.
- They impact your body in a good way! How is it possible that a not-so-healthy meal helps you? Because your organism isn’t used to this amount of calories and its response is to burn them quick, so it ends up boosting your metabolism.
- They reset your hormones.
- A cheat meal makes you feel happier (thanks to carbs), lowers your anxiety levels, keeps your appetite under control.
- These benefits will only work if you are constant in your regular diet and exercise routine.
When is it better to have a cheat meal?
- During a social event.
- Going out with friends or family.
- During the weekends.
- On a Friday night.
- Try not to eat it alone. Look for company, that’s why it is good to take social events as an opportunity.
- Exercise during the day you chose to have it or, at least, the day after.
- Alcoholic drinks are included as a cheat meal, so if you are going to have any cocktail or liquor, eat healthily.
- Two cheat meals per week are suggested for people with a fast metabolism. In this case, do not eat them two days in a row. For instance, you can have one on Wednesday and the other one on Saturday.
- Set a time to eat this meal. For example, from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. you’re having your prize!
- Drink enough water.
Lose the fear of having junk foods, desserts or drinks once or twice a week; it will not harm if you do it correctly. Enjoy. Life is about balance, don’t forget about it.
Continue reading us on our blog and find us on social media:
Facebook: Stevian Forte